Baked Doughnuts!

When your bestie moves to a city half the world away (Sheffield, in fairness), what better present can you give than a batch of freshly baked doughnuts?! I thought these cute little doughnuts deserved a little post of their own.

I'm under no false pretenses here. Just because these doughnuts are baked rather than fried doesn't necessarily make them "healthy", as subjective a word as that is. Instead, I chose to bake these doughnuts as I find the baking process easier to control in the oven as opposed to when deep frying. These doughnuts also contain no yeast, meaning they don't need to be proofed. This means they are also a relatively quick bake if you fancy a doughnut fix!

The doughnuts!

A close up of the orange and pistachio
and biscoff doughnuts!

In terms of flavour, I planned to use three different combinations, orange and pistachio, biscoff, and dark chocolate and hazelnut. I then decided to add a fourth for some more colour variety. Unfortunately, a couple of days earlier I'd had to throw all of my ingredients in the bin because of tiny mite things roaming around in my baking cupboard (an expensive lesson in correct storage was learned that day), so additional flavour options weren't exactly forthcoming. I had to settle for vanilla doughnuts with pink sugar hearts, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

Super easy and very moreish, I'll definitely be revisiting these again soon!

Gibby x  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aperol Spritz Mini-Cakes!

My Blog's First Birthday - Birthday Disaster!

Botanicals Week Revisited!