Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes!

My pumpkin spice mission continues!

If you've read even a couple of my posts then you'll be absolutely sick of me banging on about this, but I just love autumn! After a few doctors appointments and illnesses I've managed to get back out running, and I reckon it's the best time of year for it. A favourite route of mine involves running in circuits up and around the park woods, and after seeing how the colours on the trees had changed since my last run I knew I just had to do some more autumn inspired baking! 

The Pumpkin Spice Cupcake 
alongside a vegan Carrot Cake 
Cupcake!

In all honestly this is my second attempt at these cupcakes. The first cakes I made simply just to try some more vegan and gluten free baking, and I had a nightmare! I ordered myself some cute little autumn leaf cupcake cases to go with the theme, but they were a strange size. They were halfway between fairy cake cases and bun cases, and I didn't have a tin the right size to accommodate them. This also made decorating a bit more difficult, but they were only a test run anyway!


Very happy with the look 
of my piping here!

Making these vegan cupcakes was actually really simple, and I expected the fact that they're gluten free to complicate things. Safe to say it didn't! This recipe is from Freya Cox's first vegan baking book, and they're so easy to follow! Simply combine warm soya milk and apple cider vinegar, allow it to curdle, and then combine with the dry ingredients. It's basically an all-in-one!


These cakes are flavoured with pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves, and decorated with a vegan cream cheese frosting, and rice paper leaves! I also dusted the cakes with a combination of the spices to really pack a pumpkin spiced punch! It's just a shame that these aren't even for me, they're for my sister to take to a Halloween party this weekend. 

I might just have to whip up a batch for myself!

Gibby x

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aperol Spritz Mini-Cakes!

My Blog's First Birthday - Birthday Disaster!

Botanicals Week Revisited!