Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes!

The next part of my autumn spice journey comes in the form of these Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes! Don't get me wrong, the autumn spice isn't the main attraction here, but it features prominently enough for me to count it as one of my signature autumn bakes! 

The cakes!

Carrot Cake is one of my absolutely favourite flavours, and honestly if you say you don't like it you just have a bit of growing up to do! These cupcakes are flavoured with orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, obviously feature grated carrots, but also contain walnuts and dried cranberries for a little sour hit amongst the sweetness!

Less is more with the 
decoration here, showing 
off the piping!

These cakes, like the Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes, are topped with a vegan cream cheese frosting. Cream cheese frosting is another favourite of mine, and to make it vegan is something of a triumph! Simply using vegan butter and vegan cream cheese makes a stunning frosting. From the practice vegan cakes I mentioned in my latest post, I found that the vegan cream cheese frosting was a little on the sloppy side, and didn't hold its shape when piped. To counter this I simply added a little more icing sugar to the frosting, making it a little firmer and easier to pipe!

The recipe for these cupcakes also comes from Freya Cox's vegan book, the same book in which I found the recipe for the Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. Just like these cupcakes, these cakes aren't even for me, they're also being taken to a Halloween party by my sister (but I couldn't resist trying one of these!).

Maybe I'll have to make myself a batch of these before the season ends too!

Gibby x

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aperol Spritz Mini-Cakes!

My Blog's First Birthday - Birthday Disaster!

Botanicals Week Revisited!