Vegan Cinnamon Rolls!

The perfect little activity for a chilled out Easter Sunday, these vegan friendly cinnamon rolls were actually my second attempt at baking cinnamon rolls!

Pretty symmetrical!

Compared to my previous attempt at cinnamon rolls, these are a triumph! The method is so simple. Bread flour, salt, sugar and yeast are combined in a bowl, then a warm mixture of melted butter and soya milk is added to the dry ingredients. The mixture is then kneaded for about 5-7 minutes until it passes the window test when held up to the light!

An individual roll!

For the filling, softened vegan butter, light soft brown sugar and ground cinnamon are creamed together. When the dough had risen, I rolled it out into a large rectangle, before spreading the cinnamon filling over the dough. The dough is then rolled up from one of the longer edges and cut into 12 rolls to form the not-too-tight tight spiral. The rolls are then left to proof for a second time on a baking tray before baking. I was slightly worried about there being no substitute for an egg wash for colour during the bake, but they actually turned out fine!

The shaped rolls pre-proofing!

I usually prefer to spread cream cheese frosting on top of my cinnamon rolls, but this time I forgot to buy vegan cream cheese. I had absolutely no intentions of leaving the house again after my little Easter Sunday walk, so I just drizzled over some glace icing instead! 

A close up of the un-iced rolls!

Over Easter weekend I also attempted to make some Easter Chocolate Rolls, essentially cinnamon rolls with a chocolate filling in place of a cinnamon one. I struggled to get the shape right, and it turns out it was because my rolled out rectangle of dough was uneven. These cinnamon roles were so much better!

Happy Easter! 

Gibby x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aperol Spritz Mini-Cakes!

My Blog's First Birthday - Birthday Disaster!

Botanicals Week Revisited!