Barbiecore Cupcakes!

It's been well over a month since the Barbie movie was released, smashing it's main rival Oppenheimer at the box office and providing the soundtrack to all our Summers!

And with the Barbie hype looking like it's here to stay, I'm loving seeing all the Barbie themed bakes on social media, and these Barbiecore cupcakes are no exception! I first saw these cupcakes on Liz Nicolaou's Tiktok page (her page is incredible and totally worth checking out!). I fell in love with them the minute I saw them, and I knew I just had to give them a go. I made a couple of changes to the method, but Liz's design is definitely the main inspiration here, with a few Jane's Patisserie recipes thrown in for guaranteed success!

Dance the night away!

The first step in creating these cupcakes was to prepare the strawberry jam filling. A simple combination of strawberries and jam sugar is added to a large pan along with the juice of a whole lemon, and is boiled to 105 degrees C. Once the mixture reaches this temperature, any scum that has risen to the top can be skimmed off, and a knob of butter can be added to dissolve any that you can't quite get out! The jam is then left to cool and thicken.

The jam left to cool!

With the jam cooling, I moved on to preparing the vanilla sponge by following the recipe for Easy Vanilla Cupcakes on Jane's Patisserie! Equal quantities of butter and sugar are creamed together, before eggs, flour, vanilla extract and pink food colouring are gently mixed in. I then baked the cupcakes in ice cream cones for 10 minutes, and allowed them to cool! 

The cupcakes with just the ganache
topping! 

The next step was to prepare the white chocolate buttercream, by following Jane's recipe from her White Chocolate Drip Cake! Butter and icing sugar are beaten together, before melted white chocolate and pink food colouring are added! Simples. 

The final component to prepare was the white chocolate ganache by pouring hot but not boiling double cream over chopped white chocolate. Once the ganache is smooth, I coloured it using the same colour as the sponges. In her method, Liz uses pink candy melts to create the effect, but I found that ganache coloured pink works just as well. Now, the decorating could begin! 

Mandatory cross section!

To finish the cupcakes, I used an apple corer to core the cupcakes before filling them with the cooled strawberry jam. I then piped ganache directly on to the top of the cupcakes, encouraging it to drip down the cones. Once the ganache had set, the white chocolate buttercream could then be piped on top, before finishing with heart shape sprinkles and glitter shimmer spray!   
 
You so fine! 

Strawberry and white chocolate is a great combination, and these cupcakes really do taste as good as they look! The only thing I would like to change is the glitter I used as it didn't really stick to the ice cream cones at all, but on the whole I love the way these cakes have turned out! 

Gibby x 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aperol Spritz Mini-Cakes!

My Blog's First Birthday - Birthday Disaster!

Botanicals Week Revisited!